Sándor Fazekas, Dr.
Minister of Rural Development
- born on May 3, 1963 in Karcag.
- 1987 - Cum Laude degree from the József Attila University Faculty of Law, Szeged
- From 1987 - legal associate, later legal consultant, SZIM Machine Works Co, Karcag.
- 1990-2010 - Mayor of the city of Karcag.
- Since 1989 - a member of Fidesz; until 2010 - Party President for Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok County.
- 1998-2002, then again in 2006-2010 - Member of Parliament for Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok County, participating in the work of several parliamentary committees. He also worked as Deputy Floor Leader between 1998 and 2002.
- 1994-1998, then again from 2002 until 2010 - member of the Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok County Municipal Council; from 1994-1998, and again from 2002-2006 – Fidesz Floor Leader.
- 2010 - won seat in first round of parliamentary elections, Fidesz-KDNP regional list.
- Since June 2010 - Minister for Rural Development.
- Since 1998 - President of the Kun (Cumanian) Alliance
- 2009-2010 - Co-President of the Association of Hungarian Local Governments.